One of the main advantages of using LabVIEW with Pixelink .NET API compared to LabVIEW wrappers is that Pixelink .NET API supports LabVIEW versions of 32-bit and 64-bit. In addition, all supported camera features can be accessed and controlled without any limitation. For more information about Pixelink .NET API, review the .NET API article. Consult the Pixelink API documentation found in the Software Development Kit Information section for specific information.
To get started using LabVIEW with Pixelink .NET API
1) Download LabVIEW_Install_Files.zip found in the Pixelink Cameras with LabVIEW article
2) Unzip LabVIEW_Install_Files.zip to a directory of your choice (e.g. C:\Temp)
3) Run LabVIEW XXXX (e.g. 2018, 2019 or 2020) 32-bit or 64-bit
4) Create a new project (e.g. Blank VI)
5) Open Block Diagram by clicking on "Window => Show Block Diagram"
6) Open Functions Palette by clicking on "View => Functions Palette"
7a) For calling functions under the Api class (e.g. Initialize, Uninitialize, or GetNextFrame)
- Drag "Invoke Node (.NET)" from Functions Palette found under "Connectivity => .NET" onto the Block Diagram
- Right click on the Invoke Node (.NET) and select "Select Class => .Net => Browse"
- Browse to the location of the PixeLINK.API.dll (e.g. C:\Temp\LabVIEW_Install_Files\dotNET\dotnet4.5) and select it
- Select Api under the PixeLINK list and click OK
- Right click on the Api Invoke Node (.NET) and select "Select Method => e.g. Initialize"
7b) Use other nodes for working with different Pixelink .NET API data types
For additional assistance, please contact email@example.com.