LabVIEW can be used for controlling Pixelink cameras as well as for camera application development. For interfacing Pixelink cameras with LabVIEW, the setup approach depends on the camera series used. Both approaches are discussed in this article.
LabVIEW with PL-B Camera Series
For interfacing the PL-B camera series with LabVIEW, the following steps must be taken:
1. Installation of Pixelink Capture or Pixelink SDK. Both of these can be downloaded from the Pixelink website at https://pixelink.com/products/software/.
2. Installation of LabVIEW wrappers, which can be downloaded from the attachment below.
- After installing Pixelink Capture or the Pixelink SDK, a PL-B camera can be initialized by, or communicate with, a host.
- For the information on what LabVIEW wrappers include, review the LabVIEW wrappers section of this article.
LabVIEW with PL-D Camera Series
The PL-D camera series can communicate with LabVIEW by using the USB3 Vision standard or the Pixelink driver. Since all cameras from the Pixelink PL-D camera series are U3V Vision complaint, they are able to communicate with LabVIEW through the USB3 Vision standard, as it is discussed in the U3V Vision compatibility with Labview article. Although, if the user decides to communicate with LabVIEW through the Pixelink driver, the installation steps 1 and 2 provided for the PL-B camera series must be taken for the PL-D camera series as well.
Note: please review the How to use PixeLINK camera as U3V Vision camera? article to make sure that the camera uses the right driver.
The LabVIEW Install Files zip includes:
1. Examples folder: Debug Examples 8.6.dll and Demo Examples 8.6.dll.
2. Pixelink folder.
Pixelink LabVIEW Samples
Pixelink LabVIEW samples, the Debug Examples 8.6.dll and Demo Examples 8.6.dll, are included into Examples folder. They provide information on how to initialize a camera, to acquire and to change feature settings, as well as include a simple GUI.
Note: to review and run Pixelink LabVIEW samples with PL-D cameras, a PL-D camera must communicate with a host system through the Pixelink driver and the LabVIEW wrappers must be installed.
If you are looking for more information about Labivew application development with the Pixelink camera, the Software Development Kit Labview Information section of our knowledge base may provide you with additional resources.
For additional assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.