To capture and save your first video using Pixelink Capture, follow the steps below:
1. Connect your camera to the computer, and open Pixelink Capture.
2. You can change camera settings like exposure time and frame rate on the Controls tab. In particular, please ensure Pixel Format is set to MONO8 for mono cameras, and YUV422 for colour cameras, as seen in the following image:
3. Go to the Video tab of Pixelink Capture, and choose the name and location for your saved video file.
4. Ensure the "Match Camera" box is checked, as shown in the following image, so that the playback frame rate of the video matches the frame rate at which the video was recorded. Changing this value may cause videos to appear "sped up" or "slowed down".
5. The "Number of Frames" box determines the length of the video. In the above example, the recorded video would be approximately 4 seconds long. (Or 120 frames / 29.629fps = 4.05 seconds.)
Please note, Pixelink Capture limits the Number of Frames to 1000.
6. Click the camcorder below the preview window, as seen in the following image, to begin recording a video.
Video Capture ROI too Large
This error occurs when trying to capture an ROI greater than 9 MP. Reduce the Region of Interest Size using the drop down menu located above the preview window.
Unsupported Pixel Format
Change Pixel Format to YUV422 for colour cameras, or MONO8 for mono cameras, on the Controls tab.