Windows 10 and 11 have a suite of features called Core Isolation.
One part of these security features is the option to enable Memory Integrity. This setting is related to how Windows runs drivers. You can learn more about Microsoft's Core Isolation and Memory Integrity settings from their Core Isolation webpage.
If you install uScope and get the error message: "A driver cannot load on this device", with the driver listed being "grdusb.sys", then you will need to disable the memory integrity setting on your PC, and reinstall uScope. This error message means that the driver for the license dongle cannot load on your PC, so uScope will always launch in Demo mode.
If you see this error message, please follow the instructions below to disable memory integrity and reinstall uScope.
Disable Memory Integrity
1. Click the Windows Start icon and search for "Core Isolation", press Enter
2. Disable the Memory Integrity toggle button
3. Restart your PC for the change to take effect
Please note, you will not be able to re-enable memory integrity once uScope is reinstalled.
1. Disconnect your camera and uScope license dongle from the PC
2. Uninstall any Pixelink software on the PC, such as Pixelink Capture or the Pixelink SDK
3. Uninstall uScope
4. Reinstall uScope (Please refer to the uScope Installation Guide)
5. Reconnect your camera and license dongle