The steps below can be used to manually uninstall and reinstall the camera drivers for USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and FireWire cameras:
1) Go to Device manager and locate the PixeLINK camera. This can often be found under Imaging Devices:
2) Right click on the camera and select Uninstall.
3) Select the checkbox to Delete the Driver completely from camera on the popup window.
This will uninstall the Pixelink driver from the camera. If prompted by your computer to restart, please restart to update the changes.
4) If third party software that supports the USB3.0 Vision Standard or IEEE 1394 standard is installed, the camera may be picked up by this software:
Otherwise, the device will appear under Other devices, as seen below. Note, you may need to disconnect and reconnect the camera for it to appear:
5) In order to restore the Pixelink driver, right click on the camera in Device Manager, and select Update Driver software.
6) On the new window, select Browse my computer for Driver software.
7) Enter the directory path for your camera driver, in the window below:
The directory paths for the drivers (for 64-bit Windows) are:
- USB 3.0: C:\Program Files (x86)\PixeLINK\Install\USB3x64\R10
- USB 2.0: C:\Program Files (x86)\PixeLINK\Install\USBx64
- FireWire: C:\Program Files (x86)\PixeLINK\Install\FWx64
8) Click Next to install the camera driver.