Board level cameras provide a GPIO interface through an 8-pin 1.25mm Molex connector and a powered I2C interface through a 6-pin 1mm JST connector located on the USB3.0 board. The mating connector for the GPIO interface is a Molex 51021-0800 receptacle with Molex 50079-8100 wire crimp terminals and the mating connector for the powered I2C interface is a JST SHR-06V-S-B receptacle with JST SSH-003T-P0.2 wire crimp terminals.
GPIO Interface Pinout and Description
|1||3.3 V||+3.3 VDC power output||Maximum current available from this pin is 50mA. Maximum external capacitive load on this pin is 50uF.|
|2||TRIGGER or GPI||TRIGGER input|
General Purpose Input
|3||GROUND||Logic and chassis ground||0 V reference.|
|4||GPO1||General Purpose Output 1|
|5||GPO2||General Purpose Output 2|
|8|| n/c||No connection|| |
- Pin 2 can be used as Trigger or GPI. For Trigger and GPI implementation, review the Trigger and the General Purpose Input Output articles respectively.
- If Pin 2 is used as GPI, only GPIO with the index 1 can be configured for reading and returning a GPI status value.
- Pin 4 and Pin 5 cannot be used or modified for additional I2C communication interface.
- The trigger polarity can be set to Positive or Negative. (See the Triggers and GPO Tab - Pixelink Capture or External Control Tab - Capture OEM)
- With the trigger polarity set to Positive, a camera will trigger on the falling edge of the trigger signal.
- With the trigger polarity set to Negative, a camera will trigger on the rising edge of the trigger signal.
Powered I2C Interface Pinout and Description
|1||VBUS||Power output from USB3 cable, shared with camera, typically +5 VDC||Actual voltage level depends on the computer, cable length, and total current load. The maximum current available from this output pin is 100mA.|
|2||GROUND||Logic and chassis ground||0 V reference.|
|5|| n/c||No connection|
|6|| n/c||No connection|
- Pin 3 and Pin 4 are interconnected with Pin 6 and Pin 7 of the 8-pin Molex connector. Thus, only one I2C communication interface can be used.