The following steps can be used to setup the debugger:
- If you've installed the Pixelink SDK, the ApiSpy dll can be found in the ApiSpy folder, which by default installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\PixeLINK\Tools\ApiSpy
- Note: If you've received a copy of Api Spy from Pixelink Support, unzip this folder to the desktop, and use this version instead of the one from the ApiSpy folder.
- If you do not have the SDK installed, and would like to use ApiSpy for troubleshooting, please contact Pixelink Support for assistance.
- Place a copy of PxLAPI40.dll from the ApiSpy folder, in the same directory as the application executable (.exe)
- For 64-bit applications, use the ApiSpy dll located in the x64 folder.
- Open Dbgview.exe, to capture the output from ApiSpy.
- If debug view is not installed on your system, it can be downloaded from Microsoft's website:
- To Save to a log file in 'real time', from the DebugView toolbar:
- Click File | Log to File As...
- Click Ok
- And then keep Dbgview.exe open and run your original application.
You can then save and view the log file recorded with debug view, or email the log file back to us to view the contents.