The following steps can be used to setup the debugger:
- If we've sent you API spy as a zip file, unzip this folder to the desktop. Otherwise, open the ApiSpy folder, which by default installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\PixeLINK\Tools\ApiSpy
- Place the PxLAPI40.dll in the same directory as the application executable (.exe)
- For 64-bit applications, use the dll located in the x64 folder.
- Open Dbgview.exe. If debug view is not installed on your system, it can be downloaded from Microsoft's website: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/debugview
- Click File | Log to File As...
- Click Ok
- Keep Dbgview.exe open and run your original application.
You can then save and view the log file recorded with debug view, or email the log file back to us to view the contents.