- Added support for Navitar (Generation 2) Zoom and Fine Focus Controller. The Pixelink API / applications can now control motorized variants of the Navitar’s Zoom 6000, Zoom 12x, and Zoom 12x UltraZoom lenses.
- Added Metrological functions to the Pixelink Capture showcase application.
- Various bug fixes and user interface enhancements.
Enhanced set of callback filters added to PixeLINK Capture’s ‘Effects’.
PixeLINK Capture’s video and still frame capture mechanisms have been improved, allowing richer set of capture options.
PixeLINK Capture now supports continuous auto-exposure.
PixeLINK Capture can now flip and rotate images.
PixeLINK’s older demonstration application, Capture OEM, is now selectable from the Start Menu.
Added support for 10-bit packed format (for cameras that support this format).
Release of PixeLINK's new camera showcase application - PixeLINK Caputre.
The API contains a new video capture engine, capable of encoding compressed video (H.264) contained in either .avi or .mp4 files.
Added a number of new sample applications, including some C# programs built using (.NET) WPF.
The SharpnessScore filed in the descriptor returned from PxLGetNextFrame, always read as 0 when received via .NET.
Added support for General Purpose Input (GPI) for all PL-D cameras (a firmware upgrade is necessary). This new feature allows a user to recast the camera's hardware trigger input, as a GPI.
Added a new flag used by PxLInitializeEx; CAMERA_INITIALIZE_EX_FLAG_ISSUE_STREAM_STOP. Use of this flag will send a stream stop command to the camera as it is initialized (this can be useful when debugging applications).
Increased overall robustness of the USB 3.0 link on certain systems that made extensive use of USB 3.0 power saving options.
Reduced minimum exposure time for PL-D721, PL-D722 and PL-D725 cameras.
IMPORTANT NOTE: U3V Compliant cameras will not work with Release 9.3 host software (and older).
FEATURE_FOCUS can now accept to 2 parameters when PxLSetFeature is called with the FEATURE_FLAG_ONEPUSH bit of the flags register is set (to perform a one-time auto focus operation). These two additional parameters (if supplied) will represent the range over which the auto focus is to be applied.
Added support for dotNET v4.5 platform.
Removed support for Windows XP.
Updates to support new USB3 cameras
Added the new feature FEATURE_SPECIAL_CAMERA_MODE. This feature is only supported on certain camera models that support atypical modes of operation. It allows you to put the camera in a special mode of operation that accommodates a wider range of frame rates..
Added support of the feature FEATURE_AUTO_ROI to the PL-D camera line. This new feature, when used with the FEATURE_WHITE_SHADING to allow the user to white balance the camera using a specified portion of the image.
Added support for the pixel format PIXEL_FORMAT_XXXX_PACKED_MSFIRST. This new 12-bit packed pixel format may be used with certain models of PL-D cameras.
Add a new function:
- PxLGetCurrentTimestamp to allow an application to sample the image timestamp clock of a camera (without actually capturing an image).
- PxLSetPreviewStateEx behaves identically to PxLSetPreviewState – but has an additional callback function to accommodate changes made to the preview window (required for Linux implementation).
All drivers are now been qualified and signed by Microsoft.
Added support for controlling a camera with programmatic focus control. Specially, added the following features
DirectShow is now supported on PL-D (USB3) cameras.
Added a NDIS6 driver for GigE Vision cameras.
USB3 cameras now function fully when connected to a USB2 port (at a reduced throughput).
- Bandwidth Limit
- Actual Frame Rate
- Updates frame descriptors
Various bug fixes, and fixes for blue screens.
New features and fixes for Capture OEM.
Various bug fixes with PxLProcessorIdle tool.
- Don’t bother looking for GEV cameras if the GEV driver is not loaded.
- Resolved issue - Turning on a GPO in C-OEM, would sometimes return an ApiInvalidParameterError error.
- PL-H cameras will now do a one-time auto tap-balance with each gain adjustment.
Various bug fixes, and fixes for blue screens.
Several bug fixes related to FireWire stacks (new and legacy) on Windows 7.
It was possible for the API to return a very old frame.
Executables and runtime environment moved to Visual Studio 2008 SP1.
Added support for development of 64-bit applications.
Several bug fixes for GigE cameras.
Several bug fixes associated with using callbacks.
As of this release, GigE cameras do not support the following features:
- FEATURE_EXTENDED_SHUTTER (aka Knee Points)
This will be addressed in future releases. Please contact PixeLINK support for more information.
Fixed several "blue screen" errors, that could occur on systems running with several USB cameras.
FFCTool can now support non-full-frame regions of interest (ROIs).
- Improvements made to GigE cameras, addressing communication issues that could occur under heavy load. To get the full effect of these improvements, use Pleora's eBus Optimal driver, and IP Engine firmware 2.1.5 or later.
- USB cameras no longer left in a streaming state if the controlling application shuts down without properly stopping streaming.
- Added German language support to Capture SE.
Release 4 of PixeLINK API, driver and other software.
Minor release camera firmware updates.
Added documentation for PL-A770 series.
Release 2 of the PixeLINK API (Version 4.1.17) and PixeLINK Capture OEM (Version 1.3.1).
Release 4.1 of the PixeLINK API.
New tutorial on how to control IIDC-compliant cameras.
Upgraded PixeLINK Capture OEM.
- A Trigger Debounce tool allows the delay used to debounce the trigger input to be adjusted to accommodate analog or TTL input signals.
- A Flat Field calibration tool can be used to field program the flat field calibration based on the application specific lighting and optics.