If NI MAX experiences the URL error while the camera is connected, please follow the instructions below to set up NI MAX with the latest patch from National Instruments.
1. Update to NI IMAQdx 15.5 or higher that is included in Vision Acquisition Software February 2016 (http://www.ni.com/download/ni-vision-acquisition-software-february-2016/5801/en/).
2. Download patch IMAQdx 15.5 from http://files.pixelink.com/uploads/PixelLINK%20IMAQdx.zip.
3. Patch IMAQdx
- a. Close any instances of LabVIEW/NI MAX.
- b. Go to the Windows Start button and select Run (hotkey is Windows-R) and enter “services.msc”.
- c. Find the service called “NI Application Web Server” and stop the service by right-clicking and selecting “stop”.
- d. Replace niimaqdx.dll:
- e. For 32-bit Windows, replace niimaqdx.dll in C:\Windows\System32 with the one found in the attached DLLWin32U folder.
- f. For 64-bit Windows, replace niimaqdx.dll in C:\Windows\System32 with the one found in the attached DLLWin64U folder (the 64 bit one goes into System32) and replace niimaqdx.dll in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 with the one found in the attached DLLWin32U folder.
4. Restart the Application Web Server service that was stopped in step (c).
5. Run the attached NIU3V msi installer (NIU3V32 for 32-bit OSes or NIU3V64 for 64-bit).
NI and Pixelink have tested this fix on Win7 32-bit, Win 8.1 64-bit, and Win10 64-bit. However, please note that the U3V kernel driver they are providing here is not signed via attestation or HLK to satisfy new Windows 10 requirements.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you run into any issues when installing this fix.