Release 10.0 or above cameras are compliant with U3V Vision Standard. In order to use a Pixelink camera as a U3V Vision camera, please follow the steps below.
1) Go to Device manager and locate the PixeLINK camera under Imaging Devices.
2) Right click on PixeLINK USB3 Camera Release 4 and select Uninstall. Make sure you select the checkbox Delete the Driver completely from camera on the popup window.
This will uninstall the Pixelink driver from the camera. If prompted by your computer to restart, please restart to update the changes.
3) Once the changes have been updated, this camera should automatically be picked by any other third party devices which support USB3.0 Vision Standard. In our case the NI Vision Acquisition Device picked our camera.
This camera will now work with National Instrument Image Acquisition toolbox as a U3V Vision Camera.
Restoring the Pixelink driver for the camera
1) In order to restore the Pixelink driver, right click on the USB3 Vision camera. In our case it will be NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device, and select Update Driver software.
2) On the new window, select Browse my computer for Driver software.
3) On the next window select Let me Pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
4) The final window should look similar to the following:
5) Click the Have Disk... button and browse your computer to find the Pixelink driver. The directory path for the driver is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PixeLINK\Install\USB3x64\R10
6) Select PxLUSB3 in order to install Pixelink drivers for the camera.