The 06720-01 (155mm) or 06821-01 (200mm) Flex cable may optionally be installed between the PL-D SEN (sensor) board and the PL-D IFM (interface module) board. The specified Flex cable length is measured from connector center to connector center. 2 Flex cables or 3 Flex cables may be daisy-chained together, for a maximum total length of 155x3= 465mm or 200x3= 600mm.
Installing the Flex cable
Following steps, please refer to the attached Pictures respectively.
1) As shown in Picture 1, locate the IFM-labelled end of the Flex cable and orient it beside the IFM board so that the arrow on the Flex cable is aligned with the arrow on the IFM board.
2) Position the Flex cable so that the Flex connector is directly over the IFM connector. Press the connectors firmly together, Picture 2.
3) As shown in Picture 3, locate the SEN-labelled end of the Flex cable and orient it beside the SEN board so that the arrow on the Flex cable is aligned with the arrow on the SEN board.
4) Flip the Flex cable to the left so that the Flex connector is directly over the SEN connector while the arrows (now hidden) are still together. Press the connectors firmly together, Picture 4.
5) Check that the final assembly looks like in Picture 5. Note that the SEN board is oriented with respect to the IFM board in the same way as it was when the two boards were assembled without any Flex cable.
Removing the Flex cable
Disconnect the USB cable to remove power. Do not touch the fragile flexible material of the Flex cable. Use a fingernail or plastic tool to gently lift up one end of the hard rectangular material. Just lift it up a small amount. Then lift up the other end of the hard rectangular material, again by a small amount. Repeat until the connectors separate. Keep the connectors vertically straight as you separate them. Do not “rock” or “twist” the connectors as you separate them since that would put stress on the rows of electrical contacts.
Extending the Flex cable length
2 Flex cables or 3 Flex cables may be daisy-chained together. As shown in Picture 6, connect the SEN labelled end of one Flex cable to the IFM-labelled end of the next Flex cable, and be sure that the orientation arrows are together as shown.