Ensure you have the correct PixeLINK SDK Variant
There are several variants of the PixeLINK SDK (for Linux):
- 64-bit variant that is built for Intel x86 'PCs'. These systems may have an Intel, or an AMD processor.
- v2.1 for PCs running Ubuntu 14.04
- v2.2 for PCs running Ubuntu 16.04
- v2.3 for PCs running Ubuntu 14.04 or Ubuntu 16.04
- A 32-bit variant that is built for ARM7 platforms, including the Odroid XU3/4 and the NVIDIA Jetson-TK1.
- v2.1 for Odroid XU3/4 running Ubuntu 14.04
- v2.1 for Jetson TK1 running Ubuntu 14.04
- v2.2 for Odroid XU3/4 running Ubuntu 16.04
- v2.3 for ARM7 platforms running Ubuntu 14.04 or Ubuntu 16.04
- A 64-bit variant that is built for ARM8 platforms, including Jetson TX1/TX2
- v2.1 for Jetson TX1/TX2 running Ubuntu 14.04
- v2.2 for Jetson TX1/TX2 running Ubuntu 16.04
- v2.3 for ARM8 platforms running Ubuntu 14.04 or Ubuntu 16.04
Install prerequisite libraries
The PixeLINK SDK uses the libraries listed below. Please install the latest variant of these libraries on your system. Be sure to choose the 64-bit variant for PCs, and the 32-bit variant for ARM7s.
- SDL2. Simple Directmedia Layer, used principally for video previewing capabilities. For instance, you can download the 2.0 version of this library with the following command:
- sudo apt-get install libsdl2-2.0
- Additionally, if you intend to develop (Gnome based) GUI applications, similar to the captureOEM sample application, you will need the development files for this library. That is:
- sudo apt-get install libsdl2-dev
- GNU C++ toolchain, including the G++ compiler/linker. For instance, you could use the following command to install the necessary tools to build basic applications (including the GNU C++ toolchain):
- sudo apt-get install build-essential
- GTK+3 and Glade, used for the (Gnome-based) GUI applications captureOEMLite and simpleGui. GTK+3 is a dependent library of Glade, so installing Glade will also install GTK+3. Your version of Gnome will have software package management tool, it's usually easiest to use it to download the Glade tool.
- [for Ubuntu 14.04] sudo apt-get install glade-gnome
- [for Ubuntu 16.04] sudo apt-get install glade
- ffmpeg / libav. ffmpeg is an open source video compression library, while libav is a forked version of that library that was used with Ubuntu 14.04. You can install the latest variant of this library as follows:
- [for Ubuntu 14.04] sudo apt-get install libav-tools
- [for Ubuntu 16.04] sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
- lib: This folder contains the shared libraries required to build (link) camera control applications. Your build process must be able to 'locate' these libraries (see ' Ensure your applications are building for Linux' below).
- include: This folder contains the 'C' header files describing the programmers interface to the PixeLINK API.
- samples: This folder contains a series of other folders which provide sample applications that use the PixeLINK API. These folders contain all of the source and makefiles needed to build the application.
- utilities: This folder contains any PixeLINK utility programs, provided in binary form. See the READ.ME.txt file for a list of these utilities.
For more instructions, please see the INSTALL_INSTRUCTIONS.txt file, included in the downloaded SDK.