Installing Pixelink Capture
Modified on: Tue, 30 Oct, 2018 at 3:02 PM
1. Disconnect your Pixelink cameras and close all Pixelink software
3. Remove all previous versions of our software before installing Pixelink Capture. Note, Capture OEM will be installed when installing Pixelink Capture.
4. Run Pixelink_Capture.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
1. Restart your computer.
2. Once restarted, re-connect the camera.
Note: Ensure that the camera driver can be seen in Device Manager when your camera is connected, and that there is not a yellow exclamation point on the icon to the left.
If there is a yellow bang (exclamation mark) next to the driver, you will need to manually install the driver by following the steps below.
To Manually Install the Driver:
First, follow these steps to check your camera in device manager:
1. Click Start | Control Panel, or type "Control Panel" in the Windows search bar.
2. Double click the System Icon.
3. Select Device Manager, which can either be found on the left hand side of the System window, or on the hardware tab.
4. Find Imaging Devices, and click the arrow to the left to see the devices.
If there are no cameras listed, try removing the cable from the back of the camera and reconnecting it, and then wait a moment to see if Imaging Devices populates with an Imaging Device.
If there is a yellow bang (exclamation mark) next to the camera, or if you're using a FireWire camera and the camera is listed as a 1394 Generic Desktop Camera, this means our driver was unable to load. If this occurs, please follow the instructions below to load the correct driver:
1. Right-click on the camera and select Update Driver.
2. Select "Browse my Computer for Driver Software"
3. Enter the directory path for your camera driver in the window below:
The directory paths for the drivers (for 64-bit Windows) are:
- USB 3.0: C:\Program Files (x86)\PixeLINK\Install\USB3x64\R10
- USB 2.0: C:\Program Files (x86)\PixeLINK\Install\USBx64
- FireWire: C:\Program Files (x86)\PixeLINK\Install\FWx64
3. Click Next to update the camera driver.
After updating the driver, try opening Pixelink Capture to capture an image or stream video. If the camera is still not detected, please contact Pixelink support.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.